This course will teach you resuscitation skills and show you how to put them into practice. This course is based on the Resuscitation Council Guidelines. On this course every delegate will be assessed for his or her individual competency. This will be assessed on the day. Resuscitation council accredited certificates will be issued upon completion of competence.
Aims and Objectives
- Explain the importance of BLS
- Describe the Resuscitation Council UK BLS guidelines 2010
- Perform basic life support in an emergency situation
- Adult basic life support algorithm
- Adult basic life support sequence
- Recovery position
- Resuscitation of children
- Resuscitation of victims of drowning
- Risks to the rescuer and victim
- Initial rescue breaths
- Jaw thrust
- Agonal gasps
- Use of oxygen
- Mouth-to-nose ventilation
- Bag mask ventilation
- Chest compressions
We can also add automated external defibrillators (AED) onto the course. If you would like this added please let us know at time of booking.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Health Care Assistants
- Healthcare sector workers