BCG Scar Training Course Contents
This course is a half day course. The participants will understand the importance of identifying BCG Scars and its application in the wider Public Health agenda.
Aims and Objectives
- introduce the importance of correct identification measures when identifying BCG Scars.
- to take a detailed history of BCG vaccination.
- to identify BCG scars
- to understand the reasons for correct identification
- to be able to take a detailed history of BCG vaccination and scar history.
- to be able to correctly identify BCG scars
- to be able to differentiate BCG scars from Small Pox scars.
- to understand the context and reasons for checking within your organisation
- Roles and Responsibilities-Role of Occupational Health Nurses
- Identifying Scars-Why?
- Smallpox and BCG
- History of BCG-Policies and Procedures
- Other countries BCG Programmes
- Mantoux and BCG
- Scar History
- How to take a history
- How to identify
- Case Studies and practical
who should attend?
- Nurses and Occupational Health Staff