This course is an introduction to the role and requirements of a Chaperone. It will help those working in this role or those asked to take on this role, to apply a person centered approach to clients and understand some of the key strategies for providing support to them and managing challenges that can occur as a result.
|Cost||For prices please follow the link on the right to our Eventbrite page|
|Includes||All course materials and certificate of attendance|
|Accreditation||The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) 3 CPD points awarded on completion.|
Aims and Objectives
- To identify when and for what a chaperone may be required and to understand the role requirements. Confidentiality issues will be discussed along with the procedures involved in raising concerns.
- Who are suitable Chaperones
- When would you require a chaperone
- The role of a chaperone
- Where misunderstanding occur
- Confidentiality and Patient information
- Whistle Blowing
- Public interest and disclosure
- Whistle blowing examples
- What to do
- Protection for workers
- Raising concerns
- Record Keeping and documentation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Care Staff
- Support Workers