Health Care Assistants (HCA’s) are a valuable addition to the health care team and they play a vital role in today’s health care economy. Specific, high quality training courses for HCA’s is therefore vital. This course provides the theoretical and the practical clinical frameworks to enable the Health Care Assistant to develop their role. It also includes practical workshops. This course covers 13 of the care certificate standards.
The course is interactive and discussions will be encouraged.
Aims and Objectives
- Explore and understand the role of the health care assistant
- Understand the importance of safe clinical practice
- Comprehensively cover the fundamental skills applicable to health care assistants
- Roles responsibilities and accountability
- Your personal development
- Respiratory System/Peak Flows/Spirometry
- Dementia/ Awareness of mental health and learning disability
- Diabetes Type 1 and 2 and blood glucose monitoring
- Health Screening (NHS Checks)
- Patient self management/ Person Centered care
- Health coaching
- 12 Lead ECG’s and AF
- Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment
- Blood pressure monitoring
- The importance of temperature
- Pulse Oximetry
- Respiratory system
- Smoking Cessation
- Urinalysis and FOB-the bowel
- Fluid balance/Nutrition
- 12 lead ECGs
- Infection Control
- Law- Duty of care
- Communication and consultation skills
- Documentation and record keeping/handling information/confidentiality
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is tailored for Health Care Assistants, Care Workers, Support Workers and those working in general practice, primary or secondary health care settings and nursing homes. Nurses can also attend this course for a refresher.