Aims and Objectives
- To learn and discuss strategies for dealing with conflict, including dealing with aggressive, confrontational patients/clients.
- To have an understanding of why patients/clients get annoyed
- To recognize signs of potential conflict
- To be aware of your own reactions to conflict
- To gain an understanding of practical ways to stay safe
|Cost||For prices please follow the link on the right to our Eventbrite page|
|Includes||All course materials and certificate of attendance|
|Accreditation||The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) 3 CPD points awarded on completion.|
- Defining Conflict
- Defining Resolution
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Guide
- Looking at different personality types
- Why do patients/clients get annoyed?
- Warning signs of potential conflict, what to look out for
- Physical Abuse
- Verbal Abuse
- Communication barriers
- Strategies for dealing with conflict
- Practical tips to stay safe
- Conflict with colleagues and how to manage it
- The Silent Treatment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?