This one-day immunisation update is aimed at health professionals working in an Occupational Health capacity.
|Includes||All course materials and certificate of attendance|
|Accreditation||The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) 6 CPD points awarded on completion.|
Aims and Objectives
- To understand the role and importance of Immunisation and vaccination
- To be able to explain the aims of immunisation, describe national policy and schedules and deal with variations to the schedule
- To understand the legal framework of Immunisation
- To understand the legal aspects of supply and administration of vaccines
- This course provides a comprehensive update in the following immunisations/vaccinations.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- BCG (screening and testing) Mantoux
- Influenza for 2014-2015
- CPR Update
- The legal frameworks of immunisation update and vaccinations
- PGD’s and PSD’s
- Capacity and Consent
- Record-keeping and reporting
- Strategies: improving immunisation rates
- Cold chain
- Current Issues in Immunisation
who should attend?
Occupational Health Staff, including Technicians and Nurses