Our B12 training course will provide delegates with an understanding of B12 deficiency and pernicious anaemia and the skills required to give B12 injections.
A certificate of completion will be awarded to candidates on successful completion of this B12 injection course. Following this, delegates will then be able to work towards competence under supervision and deliver B12 injections in their own place of work. All delegates will leave the course with a B12 Injections Patient Specific Direction Protocol and a Competency Based Framework to continue working with their practice mentor to aid competency development.
- Fully understand the principles and practice relating to B12 deficiency and B12 injections
- Understand the safety issues related to giving injections of the general adult population
- Understand the law relating to practice, accountability and prescribing
- Guidelines and requirements
- Pernicious anaemia and other macrocytic anaemias: an overview
- B12 injections and common side effects
- Inclusion and exclusion
- Circumstances in which to obtain advice and or action
- Side effects and management including ADRs and anaphylaxis
- At-risk groups
- Contraindications and precautions
- Correct administration and techniques including practical session
- Injection sites
- Advice post injection
- Communication with patients and families
- Legal issues including consent
- Prescribing issues – patient specific directions
- What to record
- Disposal of injections/waste
- Competence and supervised practice
Who should attend / would be applicable?
- Anyone interested in B12 deficiency
AB Health Group awards CPD points / certificate of attendance for each course. If you would prefer an accredited certificate by our accrediting body One Awards (NOCN) we can organise this. The charge for the certificate including postage is £25.00.