Our interactive Healthcare Assistant Clinical Skills Includes the Care Certificate
Our interactive Healthcare Assistant Clinical Skills course covers the fundamental theoretical and practical principles associated with being a Healthcare Assistant (HCA).
*PLEASE NOTE* That this course requires some pre course work which will be sent to you before your face to face training. You should complete the course work prior to the training days and bring it with you on the first day. There will also be a Webinar Session prior to the course. You will receive instructions within a week of booking. Any questions please ring Annie on 0333 335 0044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HCAs are vital to the healthcare economy and a valuable part of any healthcare team. Therefore, highly specific and relevant quality training is of vital importance. Covering a range of clinical skills and topics such as long-term conditions, accountability, supervision and legal frameworks, our essential HCA training course is ideal for those that are either new to the role or looking to strengthen their practice.
- Explore and understand the role of the health care assistant
- Understand the importance of safe clinical practice
- Comprehensively cover the fundamental skills applicable to health care assistants
- Roles, responsibilities and accountability
- Health screening, including risks
- Health promotion and patient self-management
- Respiratory system and care
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Coronary/Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment
- Blood pressure monitoring
- 12 lead ECGs
- The importance of temperature
- Pulse oximetry
- Fluid balance
- Psychological care
- Documentation and record keeping
- Consultation styles-HEALTH COACHING
Who should attend / would be applicable?
- Medical Receptionists/Admin who are progressing to HCAs
- Support Workers
- Personal Care Assistants
- Care Staff
This course is tailored for HCAs working in general practice, primary or secondary health care settings and nursing homes.
PLEASE NOTE* That this course requires some pre course work which will be sent to you before your face to face training. You should complete the course work prior to the training days and bring it with you on the first day. Any questions please ring Annie on 0333 335 0044 or email email@example.com
AB Health Group awards CPD points / certificate of attendance for each course. If you would prefer an accredited certificate by our accrediting body One Awards (NOCN) we can organise this. The charge for the certificate including postage is £30.00.