Our interactive Healthcare Assistant Clinical Skills course covers the fundamental theoretical and practical principles associated with being a Healthcare Assistant (HCA).
HCAs are vital to the healthcare economy and a valuable part of any healthcare team. Therefore, highly specific and relevant quality training is of vital importance. Covering a range of clinical skills and topics such as long-term conditions, accountability, supervision and legal frameworks, our essential HCA training course is ideal for those that are either new to the role or looking to strengthen their practice.
This is a highly interactive course, it involves practical workshops and is accredited by the Royal College of General Practitioners.
- Explore and understand the role of the health care assistant
- Understand the importance of safe clinical practice
- Comprehensively cover the fundamental skills applicable to health care assistants
- Roles, responsibilities and accountability
- Health screening, including risks
- Health promotion and patient self-management
- Respiratory system and care
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Coronary/Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment
- Blood pressure monitoring
- 12 lead ECGs
- The importance of temperature
- Pulse oximetry
- Urinalysis and FOB
- Smoking cessation
- Fluid balance
- Psychological care
- Documentation and record keeping
- Consultation styles
Who should attend / would be applicable?
This course is tailored for HCAs working in general practice, primary or secondary health care settings and nursing homes.