Our interactive Healthcare Assistant Clinical Skills course covers the fundamental theoretical and practical principles associated with being a Healthcare Assistant (HCA).
HCAs are vital to the healthcare economy and a valuable part of any healthcare team. Therefore, highly specific and relevant quality training is of vital importance. Covering a range of clinical skills and topics such as long-term conditions, accountability, supervision and legal frameworks, our essential HCA training course is ideal for those that are either new to the role or looking to strengthen their practice.
- Explore and understand the role of the health care assistant
- Understand the importance of safe clinical practice
- Comprehensively cover the fundamental skills applicable to health care assistants
- Roles, responsibilities and accountability
- Health screening, including risks
- Health promotion and patient self-management
- Respiratory system and care
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Coronary/Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment
- Blood pressure monitoring
- 12 lead ECGs
- The importance of temperature
- Pulse oximetry
- Urinalysis and FOB
- Smoking cessation
- Fluid balance
- Psychological care
- Documentation and record keeping
- Consultation styles
Who should attend / would be applicable?
This course is tailored for HCAs working in general practice, primary or secondary health care settings and nursing homes.