Our Occupational Health Immunisation Update training is developed in line with Public Health England recommendations.
Our Occupational Health Immunisation Update training is developed in line with Public Health England (PHE) recommendations and is ideal for those looking to update themselves with current knowledge of latest news, issues and legislation relating to travel and childhood immunisations. The course covers all relevant updates including COVID 19 guidelines.
- To understand the role and importance of immunisation and vaccination
- To be able to explain the aims of immunisation, describe national policy and schedules and deal with variations to the schedule
- To understand the legal framework of immunisation
- To understand the legal aspects of supply and administration of vaccines
- Travel Health and vaccinations update – including HEP A, HEP B, Yellow Fever, Malaria and Typhoid
- Live and inactive vaccines
- Anaphylaxis recognition and management
- Adverse reactions and reporting MHRA
- Prescribing including PGDs and PSDs
- Cold chain
- Injection techniques
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Legal framework – confidentiality and consent
- Mental Capacity Act
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Vaccine supply and administration
Who should attend / would be applicable?
- Community Nurses
- Paramedics/ Ambulance staff
- Allied Health Professionals
- Occupational Health Nurses, Advisors and Technicians
AB Health Group awards CPD points / certificate of attendance for each course. If you would prefer an accredited certificate by our accrediting body One Awards (NOCN) we can organise this. The charge for the certificate including postage is £30.00.