This course assumes that you have undertaken the two day Occupational Health training programme. It will update you on the latest information regarding occupational health vaccinations and screening. It builds upon the 2 day course and its a very informative day. It is interactive and assumes a level of knowledge gained in practice. It is open to NHS, University and Private sector as well as independent practitioners.
Our Occupational Health Immunisation Update training is developed in line with Public Health England (PHE) recommendations and is ideal for those looking to update themselves with current knowledge of latest news, issues and legislation relating to Occupational Health Immunisations.
Our Immunisation course is accredited by the Royal College of General Practitioners and 6 CPD points are awarded on completion.
- To understand the role and importance of immunisation and vaccination
- To be able to explain the aims of immunisation, describe national policy and schedules and deal with variations to the schedule
- To understand the legal framework of immunisation
- To understand the legal aspects of supply and administration of vaccines
- Immunisation Schedule for adults
- Hep A & Hep B
- BCG and TB Update
- Men ACWY
- BCG Scar identification
- Influenza update
- Cold Chain update
- Screening/Occ health risk groups
- Anaphylaxis recognition and management
- Adverse reactions and reporting
- Legal Issues incluidng Prescribing, Indemnity
- Update on injection techniques
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Legal framework – confidentiality and consent
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Vaccine supply and administration
- Falsified Medicines Directive
- Vaccines for workers
- Pregnancy,breasfeeding and vaccinations
Who should attend / would be applicable?
- Occupational Health Nurses
- Occupational Health Staff
- Private Occ Health staff
- University Occupational Health Staff
- NHS Occupational Health Teams