Please note: In order to comply with Social Distancing we are having to limit numbers for this course. We will be able to add more dates should we need to, in order to meet demand.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
This course covers Tuberculosis, latent and active, diagnosis, screening and testing, groups offered vaccine, symptoms and treatment; within the current regulatory and legal framework. We discuss Mantoux, BCG techniques, IGRA testing, Scar identification and current issues. The course is hands-on and practical and each participant receives a certificate after successfully completing the course.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
• Be able to provide accurate and up to date information about BCG and TB vaccines
• Update staff on current issues
• Provide a safe, effective and high standard of care
• The aims of TB immunisation: national policy and schedules
• History of TB
• How common is TB
• Epidemiology and current statistics
• Screening and testing
• Latent TB infection
• Active TB disease
• Signs and symptoms of TB
• IGRA Testing
• TB Vaccination
• Practical workshop
• BCG Technique
• Mantoux / Technique
• Scar identification
• The legal aspects of vaccination
• Prescribing vaccines
• Storage and handling of vaccines – cold chain
• Correct administration of vaccines
• Record-keeping and reporting
• Competence Assessment
Ref: National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training, PHE and RCN, Immunisation for Infectious Diseases
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Nurses – Primary Care, Secondary Care
• Occupational Health Staff
• Doctors – Occupational Health
• Military Staff
• Neonatal Nurses
• School Nurses
Includes All course materials and certificate of attendance
Accreditation 6 CPD points awarded on completion. Accredited by One Awards (*Certificate £25) and CPD Standards (*Certificate free)
Annie Barr AB Health Group
Annie Barr is a leading provider of high quality, accredited healthcare training. With a selection of engaging healthcare training that has been developed by experts to equip you and your workforce with the skills, knowledge and competence needed to provide compassionate and high quality care.