Please note: In order to comply with Social Distancing we are having to limit numbers for this course. We will be able to add more dates should we need to, in order to meet demand.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
This one-day immunisation update course is suitable for nurses and provides an immunisation update on the latest developments and vaccination specifically relating to children and travel. The course is interactive and includes workshops and discussion.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
• To understand the role and importance of immunisation update and vaccination
• To be able to explain the aims of immunisation, describe national policy and schedules and deal with variations to the schedule
• To understand the legal framework of Immunisation
• To understand the legal aspects of supply and administration of vaccines
• The role of the HPA
• Childhood Vaccination Schedule Review
• Childhood immunisation update – including Influenza, Pneumococcal, MMR, Pertussis, Dip, Tet,
• BCG, Polio, HIB, Meningitis, HPV
• TB – including screening and Mantoux
• Travel Health and vaccinations update – including HEP A, HEP B, Yellow Fever, Malaria,
• Live & inactive vaccines
• Anaphylaxis recognition and management
• Adverse reactions and reporting
• Prescribing including PGDs and PSDs
• Cold Chain
• Injection techniques
• Documentation, record keeping and reporting
• Legal framework – Confidentiality and Consent
• Mental Capacity Act
• Storage and handling of vaccines
• Vaccine supply and administration
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Practice Nurses
• Community Matrons
• District Nurses
• Community Nurses
• Allied Health Professionals
Includes All course materials and certificate of attendance
Accreditation 6 CPD points awarded on completion. Accredited by One Awards (*Certificate £25) and CPD Standards (*Certificate free)
Annie Barr AB Health Group
Annie Barr is a leading provider of high quality, accredited healthcare training. With a selection of engaging healthcare training that has been developed by experts to equip you and your workforce with the skills, knowledge and competence needed to provide compassionate and high quality care.